YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
GDPR is bringing in new legal protection for personal information from May 2018. This tells you what personal information I hold and why, and what your rights are. Once you have read it please complete and sign the declaration of consent at the bottom.
Therapist’s Name/Identity: Muriel Russell, MAR owner of West End Therapies
Member of the Association of Reflexologist
Therapist’s Contact Details:
Telephone No: 07517 897305
Address: 18 Eastleigh Road Leicester LE3 0DB
Data Controller Contact Details: as above
The Purpose of processing Client Data
I hold and use client data in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options, support and advice.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
The lawful basis under which I hold and use for information is my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice. My requirement to hold your information for the following legal reasons:
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance: (records to be kept for 7 years after last treatment)
- law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26)
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional reflexology treatments, I will need to ask for and keep information about your health. I will only use this for informing reflexology treatments and any advice I give as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
- Your contact details
- Medical history and other health-related information
- Treatment details and related notes
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
I will keep your information for 7 years, in line with the lawful basis listed above.
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences you have given me.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”):
For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:.
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: to be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email me as above.
- if you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you.
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed.
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.
DECLARATION I have seen this document and understand that you will hold and use my personal information, using it in order to provide me with the best possible treatment options and advice in line with the statements above.
Unless the treatment(s) are from a referral, I DO NOT agree to my data being shared with another party.
I have received a copy of this document.
Note: for children under 16 a parental or guardian signature is required.